Who Are We
- Lakeway Area Habitat for Humanity is a faith based, nonprofit housing ministry that works to build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter in Hamblen and Grainger Counties. We welcome individuals from any faith — or from no faith — who are willing to pick up a hammer to help improve the lives of families needing decent shelter.
- Incorporated in the State of Tennessee on July 8, 1992, we are recognized by the IRS as a charitable non-profit 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, with a volunteer board of directors and officers that are elected each year to govern the organization.
Seeking to put God’s Love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
A world in which everyone has a decent place to live.
- Demonstrate the love of Jesus Christ.
- Focus on shelter.
- Advocate for affordable housing.
- Promote dignity and hope.
- Support sustain able and transformation development.
Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations will not proselytize. Nor will Habitat For Humanity work with entities or individuals who insist on proselytizing as part of their work with Habitat For Humanity. This means that Habitat For Humanity will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must adhere to or convert to a particular faith or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.